Sunday, August 23, 2020

When The Sun Goes Down... SimRace1 Comes To Life

 Sorry for not posting in a little while. I previously posted about SimRace1 Swansea and their Fast & Furious events. The Pros event was last night, and I took part in that as one of the racers, so I was busy putting in practice laps throughout the week beforehand. So now that the dust has settled, I have the chance to process what happened.

I came second in the points.

I wasn't expecting to come second. I'd like to think I'm a good racer, but I wasn't expecting to do so well against the people in the Pros category, so to get a few third place finishes and two wins, I'm pretty happy with that. The races were livestreamed on the SimRace1 Swansea Facebook page; they had some technical issues but they did at least capture most of the races. I've included links to the streams of my race wins below: I was in a Hyundai for the touring car race at Brands Hatch, and had a pretty good battle or two in the Tatuus Formula Abarth at Red Bull Ring.


Assetto Corsa

Posted by SimRace1 Swansea on Saturday, 22 August 2020



Assetto Corsa

Posted by SimRace1 Swansea on Saturday, 22 August 2020

 With the Pros event out of the way, my attention turns to the Intermediates event taking place at the same time next week. My performance in these Pro races should tell you that I'm not actually allowed to take part in the Intermediates events anymore, but I have instead been recruited to provide live commentary for this event. Hopefully the technical issues that plagued last night's streams will be sorted out, and I'll be able to provide an entertaining and informative description of a thrilling night of racing!

If you're interested in recreating these races for yourself, the tracks used were all standard Assetto Corsa tracks. We raced at Red Bull Ring, Mugello, Monza and Brands Hatch.

The touring cars are from Tommy78's TCR 2018 pack. They are paymods, and can be bought individually or as a pack.

The Tatuus FA01 is from the base game, with a skin pack to provide extra liveries for all of the racers. You can pick up the skin pack from RaceDepartment, though you will need an account to download.

1 comment:

  1. SimRace1 Super ReceptionistAugust 23, 2020 at 2:58 PM

    Yep, any luck the Intermediates next weekend will be less plagued *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete

A Super GT: The AVR 500-R

  If you're a fan of endurance racing, or even just a Gran Turismo veteran, chances are you've heard of Super GT. Japan's top-ti...